Graphic photos: Isis behead 30 people in Iraq

The atrocity has been branded a ‘crime against humanity’
Isis militants have shot and then beheaded 30 men in western Iraq, an official has said.

The murders, which were committed on a main street in the town of Hit, were Sunni tribal fighters allied with the government and domestic security forces who had been captured by the Islamist group, a resident said.

According to locals, the prisoners were first paraded through the town by Isis members – who used loudspeakers to condemn the captured men as apostates – before being lined up and shot with assault rifles. WARNING: graphic photos when you continue....


(Picture: AP)
The Sunni tribesman were denounced as apostates before being lined up, shot and beheaded (Picture: AP)
Anbar provincial council chairman Sabah Karhout said those killed had been taken by the terror group when they overran the town – located 140km west of Baghdad – earlier this month.

Branding the murders ‘a crime against humanity’, he called for more international support for the Sunni tribes fighting back against Isis in the region.

The news comes after a roadside bomb killed three soldiers and wounded seven south of Baghdad on Wednesday, while a bomb blast in Baghdad’s eastern district killed two and wounded eight, police said.

Later that evening, a suicide bomber drove a car laden with explosives into a police checkpoint in Youssifiyah, killing five police officers and wounding 18 people, according to officials.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.