Friday Daily Devotional by pastor David Okoye (Ambassadors Word Diet, 29th SEPT, 2017) - Greatness resides in you


pastor david okoye
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4

The scriptures give us account of a time in the lives of the children of Israel that they were oppressed, bullied, and impoverished by the Midianites. To paint a clear picture, Judges 6:2 tells,

And the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel: and because of the Midianites the children of Israel made them the dens which are in the mountains, and caves, and strongholds.

The Israelites hid from men like themselves. The story gets more interesting when the Lord singles out a man, Gideon to be Israel's deliverer. The angel of the Lord says to him,

The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour…Go in this thy might and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee? 

Gideon's response goes thus;

…oh my Lord, wherewith shall I save Israel? Behold, my family is poor in Manasseh, and I am the least in my Father's house.

This response is very typical of a lot of God's children today.


Many of God's children always have a reason, or an excuse for not doing what God has sent them to do, or becoming who they are meant to be in Christ. The fear in a lot of God's children hinders them from believing the promises of God on our lives.

All Gideon saw was that he was poor and least; he didn't see that the Lord saw him and called him a mighty man of valour.

No matter the challenge you face, you will overcome. You do not need wealth, status or fame to become or achieve- because the greater One lives in you. Hallelujah!

DECLARATION:
I am an overcomer. I see myself as God sees me. Greatness resides in me. Glory!!!

SCRIPTURAL REFERENCES:
Judges 6:1-17

No comments

Powered by Blogger.