Thursday daily devotional by Pastor David Okoye (Ambassadors Word Diet, 28th, SEPT, 2017) - The advantage of grace


Pastor David Okoye 
Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus 2 Timothy 2:1

From the beginning of time, even till date, a majority of God's children seem to be somewhat familiar with, more in touch with and have their minds relate easily with the 'Love of the Father’ But, the grace that restores and astounds is still so vague to many.


The AMP version of our opening scripture tells
So you, my son, be strong (constantly strengthened) and empowered in the grace that is [to be found only] in Christ Jesus. 

There is a grace that has been made available to us. It is an all-encompassing grace that is more than and beyond unmerited favour. It is grace that amongst other things strengthens.

The much we can do and will ever do for the Lord is by the grace of Christ Jesus. It is this grace that has the ability to constantly strengthen and empower you.


Jesus knew that at some point in our daily lives, (ministry, family, Job, marriage etc.) –we would feel like throwing in the towel and walking away from it all. This is why He said in Matthew 11:28-29 (MSG)
Are you tired? Worn out? Burnt out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me –watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. 

This is the life we've been called into. There is an abundance of grace to be taken advantage of. Choose to be strong; bask in God's grace- and you will see yourself do amazing things with rhythm and without force.

DECLARATION:
I am strengthened and empowered daily. The grace of God is forever at work in my life. Glory!

SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE(S):
Matthew 11:28

No comments

Powered by Blogger.