PICTURES: Popular Nigerian dancer dies due to lack of Oxygen at 5 hospitals


Ijo Chris
Nigerians are dying young as politicians who are supposed to upgrade the country’s health facilities continue to travel abroad for treatment. It is estimated that Nigerians spend over $1billion annually on medical tourism.


A young Nigerian man died after he was rushed to five different hospitals and they lacked Oxygen needed to save his life.

The deceased, Ijo Chris, is said to be a popular dancer.


His friend, Ayo Atitebi, shared the sad incident on his Twitter handle.

Chris reportedly died last week after the 5 hospitals he was taken to for emergency treatment had no oxygen.

Ayo: “So 5 hospitals didn't have oxygen and we lost you, Chris! 5 goddamned hospitals! Loving this country is HARD!!! Nigeria sucks…”

His co-dancer, Dania Eunice, also expressed shock at the sad news.

She wrote on Facebook: “Gosh!!!! Words fail me seriously. Like I've been down since I heard the news. I can't even concentrate. My best buddy, gist partner, friend and everything. But you told me you were coming back and that we will shake the dance industry together. Dancing, gisting and playing together. I could tell you anything. You had big dreams. Ur talent, charisma and passion were second to none. Our friendship is something I wouldn't trade for anything. Y would you leave me alone with all the plans we had? I miss and love you, buddy. RIP ijokris”









Nigerians took to social media to react to the sad incident.

Writer Lola Shoneyin requested for details of the said hospitals.

“This young man shouldn’t have RIP anywhere near his name. What a terrible loss. May the family be comforted. Curious which 5 hospitals?” Ms Shoneyin said in her post.

The Minister of State for Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, in October last year revealed that Nigeria is spending over $1bn annually on medical treatment.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.