Thursday daily devotional by Pastor David Okoye (Ambassadors Word Diet, 5th OCT, 2017) - It shall come to pass


Pastor David Okoye
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

The ESV rendering of our opening text says,
So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 

The Word of God always comes to pass. It has never failed and would never fail. It always fulfills the purpose for which it was sent.


But why then does the Word of God not produce in some? You see, God’s Word is not just a perfect seed, but THE perfect seed. Whether or not the seed produces is dependent on the soil it was planted on, and specific conditions, that could either accelerate or deter the growth of the seed. That is to say, the only reason why God’s Word wouldn’t come to pass in a man’s life is because of that man.

As God has said the Word, it is your place to bring to fruition the Word in your life. It would only come through because you observed a principle while receiving the Word.

Take a look at 1 Kings 17:8-16. This was the Word of God to someone in the place of abundance. The Word was able to come to pass in her life because she observed a principle, the principle of OBEDIENCE.

Verse 15 says,
And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days. 

If God’s Word would come to fruition in your life, you must observe the principle of obedience. Scripture tells us that only those who are willing and obedient would enjoy the good of the land. In other words, only the willing and obedient would produce results from the Word of God.

Another principle that must be observed is the principle of sacrifice. In 2 Kings 3:6-27 (emphasis on verse 27), we see that something stood against the Word that was spoken to the children of Israel. This was the principle of sacrifice.


The King of Moab sacrificed his only son, which resulted in a great indignation befalling Israel. Sacrifice in our dispensation is service. If God’s Word would come to pass in your life, you must learn to serve wholeheartedly.

DECLARATION:
The Word of God is producing richly in me. I am obedient to every Word God gives. I offer selfless and reasonable service at all times.

SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE:

Hebrews 11:4, Ephesians 6:5-6

No comments

Powered by Blogger.