Thursday daily devotional by Pastor David Okoye (Ambassadors Word Diet, 26th OCT, 2017) - No burning Out!


Pastor David Okoye
Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. 2 Timothy 1:6

You know, you can’t just be weak in your Christian life. It is not just possible to get tired in your walk with God.

The AMP rendering admonishes us to fan into flames the gift of God. This could be restructured as fanning into flames the grace of God, the passion for God, and every single thing that constitutes and comes with the God-life.

As a child, there was a point in my life where I began learning how to cook with firewood. I figured out that it wasn’t enough to ignite the wood. Yes, the fire gets into the wood, but it stays hidden. When you want to make the fire visible and ablaze, you do not need to reignite the wood; all you need to do is to fan that fire until it bursts out in flames.

This is how the Spirit of God is in our lives. Sometimes, when you feel like your Christian life is getting cold, and your passion for the work, dying off, all you need to do is to fan your Christian life back into flames.

Fan into flames the gift of God; the Spirit of God takes care of the rest.

Don’t expect a fire to burst into flames with just a wave of your hand; you’ve got to keep doing it over and over again.

I had serious troubles fanning that tiny flicker of fire into a wild one; it was a problem for me. I could fan for hours, yet, no fire. Then, I observed something; when you fan without knowledge, you would not get it. I, being an initial amateur at it, could spend one hour on that fire before I finally get it right.

Get someone skilled; a pro at cooking with fire woods; you’ll figure out that in less than 3 minutes, that person has made that fire ablaze. This is why so many Christians are where they are in life. They keep on fanning, but they do so ignorantly, as such, the effect of their labour remains inconspicuous.

1 Timothy 4:14 says,
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.


You see, the Holy Ghost is the essence of your living. If you lose Him, there is nothing else. This is why you must learn to fan Him into flames.

The Spirit of God is a gift. Our opening text represents this gift under the notion of a fire. Once you neglect this fire, it is bound to go out.

Refuse to smother the effectiveness and potency of God’s Spirit; KEEP FANNING THAT FIRE!

DECLARATION:
I do not let my fire burn out; I keep fanning and refueling. I’m strengthened always.

SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE:

Jude 1:20, 1 Thessalonians 5:19

No comments

Powered by Blogger.