Sunday daily devotional by Pastor David Okoye (Ambassadors Word Diet, 29th April 2018) - Connected


Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abides in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4

The Amplified version renders our opening text as,
dwell in me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.


Many believe that in a world such as ours, one of the things you would need to succeed in life is to know and have people in top positions on your side or ready to put in a word or two for you to get what you want. But for the God-child the situation is different.

You see, a child of God operates by a different set of rules. His life affairs are coordinated and fit into a plan by and in the Most High God. Meaning that, as a God-child, you don't need the connections of men to succeed in life. All you need is to stay connected to Christ.

Hebrews 11:3 tells,
By faith, we understand that the worlds [during the successive ages] were framed (fashioned, put in order, and equipped for their intended purpose) by the Word of God, so that what we see was not made out of things which are visible. (AMP) 


The world and everything in it is programmed to respond to the Word. Our coding is the Word of God and the Word is Jesus.

This means that the world and everything in it have been programmed to respond to your identity in Christ. Just as a branch cannot bear fruits if it's not connected to the tree, the God-child has got to be vitally united to the Word.

He is our first fruit; the one who birthed the new creation life. Without Him ye can do nothing but with Him (staying connected to Him) you can do so much more than you can ever imagine. Our opening text says, “abide in me, and I in you.” This is Jesus speaking.

Little wonder Apostle Paul speaking to the church said “He (Christ) is the Head and we (the church) are the body. The head is not separated from the body. As a matter of fact, the head cannot survive without the body and vice versa. You ought to remain in Christ and draw your strength from Him.

DECLARATION
I stay connected to my source. Lord, I receive the grace not to walk out on you because I know you would never walk out on me. I am bearing fruits.

SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE: 

John 15:5

No comments

Powered by Blogger.